School Holiday Activity: Making Playdough
The possibilities for playdough play are limitless and evoke imagination. Provide the kids with playdough and a variety of materials to use and encourage them to create anything they can imagine! Sensory tools promote play and allow children to slow down and have fun while using their creativity.
This homemade playdough recipe is really easy to make and lots of fun!
What you will need:
• 1 cup flour
• 2 tsp cream of tartar
• 1/2 cup salt
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 cup water
• Food Colouring of your choice
1. In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) and mix well.
2. Mix food colouring with your water first. Then add the vegetable oil and water with food coloring to a large pot. Mix together
3. Add the dry ingredients to your pot and mix well.
4. Cook over low to medium heat until the dough starts to form and becomes dry.
5. Once it starts to form a ball together and looks fully cooked, take off the heat. Let the dough cool first before touching.
6. Once cool, knead the dough for 5 minutes to make the dough soft. Your playdough is now ready, have fun!
* Tip: If your dough is not soft, continue kneading for another 5 minutes. If you find it is still too dry add a little bit more oil and knead