Crafty Idea! Decorative Rocks
These decorative rocks are an extremely easy and fun activity to pass the time with kids of all ages! They are perfect for displaying on shelves, in your garden, or as a special gift! Pick smooth, flat rocks. You can decorate any rock, but it’s harder to decorate ones with ridges. If you can’t find them in nature, the craft stores sell them as do home improvement and garden centres.
What You’ll Need:
• Smooth round rocks
• Multi-colored craft paint (acrylic works well)
• Permanent black marker
• Paint brush
• PVA glue *(optional)
5 Easy Steps:
1. Wash rock with soap and water, allow to dry. This will enable the paint to bond with the rock.
2. Paint the rock with white paint as the base, allow to dry.
3. Paint each rock with the final colour you would like them to be, allow to dry.
4. Add the details! Draw the fine lines with a permanent marker and paint details in desired colours. *(You can protect your finished designs with a layer of PVA glue.)
5. Use your creative masterpieces to decorate your garden, or the kids can give a special gift to family & friends!