Crafty Idea ~
School Holiday Craft Activity: Paper Chain Garland
Paper chains are a fun and easy activity for all ages! Great for parties, picnics or to add a splash of colour to your home! It’s a perfect activity to pass away the winter school holiday blues! The best part of all is virtually everything you need, you’ll probably already have around the house.
What you will need:
• Sheets of Coloured Paper
• Glue / Tape / or Stapler
• Pencil / Pen or Markers (optional)
• Ruler (optional)
1. Using a ruler and scissors, measure and cut strips of paper that are even in length and width. Measurements may vary, but we recommend strips that are 1″ wide by 8″ long. Don’t stress if you don’t have a ruler, it doesn’t have to be perfect!
2. Cut as many as you need, depending on how long you want your chain to be.
3. Paste, tape, or staple the ends of the first strip together to form a loop. If you are using glue, hold the two ends of paper together until the glue properly dries.
4. Place the second strip of paper through the newly made loop. Again, join the ends of the strip together with glue, tape, or staples.
5. Continue until you have reached the desired length.
6. That’s it! Enjoy your fancy new decorations!
• Use different colored strips for a multi-colored chain. If you only have white paper available, paint or draw patterns on the paper, or decorate with stickers
• Paper chains make for great birthday party decorations for kids. Use them with streamers and balloons to make your party truly special!
• Make sure your garland is not a fire hazard; avoid hanging it directly over lamps, candles, or the fireplace.