Just-Like-Nanna-Makes Apple Pie
• 8 Apples, medium (For a sweeter taste use Fuji or Pink Lady)
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 pinch salt
• 2 tbs butter
• 2 sheets puff pastry
1. Heat oven to 220C.
2. Peel, core and slice the apples, keeping the thickness of slices even.
3. Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.Stir in apples.
4. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate and dot with butter.
5. Cover with top crust and seal the edges. Cut slits in the top. Cover edge with a 5 cm strip of aluminium foil to prevent too much browning.
6. Cook for 40-50 minutes until juice bubbles through slits.
6. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.Serve with custard, cream or ice cream. Thank you Nanna Anna, We love you!