Easter Pavlova NestsINGREDIENTS
For the Pavlova
• 6 extra large egg whites
• 300 g (1½ cups) caster sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornflour/corn starch
• 1 teaspoon vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 250 ml heavy/whipping cream
• 100 g 4oz dark chocolate
• 1 pack Cadbury mini eggs
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°c and line a large baking sheet with parchment/baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until they reach the soft peak stage.
3. Slowly, and while continuing to whisk, add the sugar until the meringue is stiff and glossy.
4. Fold in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract.
5. Transfer the pavlova mixture into a piping bag. Pipe about 2 inch wide nests onto the baking sheet.
6. Place in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 100°c.
7. Bake the pavlova for 1 hour and then switch the oven off and allow it to cool completely in the oven. This will result in a crisp crust and soft interior (don’t open oven)
8. Ten minutes before you are ready to serve, melt the dark chocolate over boiling water or in microwave, and allow to cool
9. Beat the cream until thick (must be able to hold a peak) then fold in the melted chocolate. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes
10. Top the Pavlova with the chilled chocolate cream and mini Easter eggs and serve. Enjoy your Easter Feaster!