Baked Pears with Honey, Cranberries & Walnuts
• 4 pears, such as, Bartlett or Anjou
• 24 fresh cranberries
• 4 tbps chopped walnuts
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more, if needed
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, plus more, if needed.
• 4 tsp raw honey
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C
Halve the pears and then core. (You can core the pears with an icecream scoop or melon baller!)
2. Slice a small part off of the backside of each pear half to create a flat surface so the pear sits flat when laid on the pan.
3. Place the pear halves on a large baking sheet or baking pan, cored side up. Place three cranberries into the cored part of each pear half.
4. Sprinkle each pear half with about 1/2 tbsp of the walnuts and then sprinkle each pear half with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Drizzle each pear half with 1/2 tsp of honey.
Bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes or until the pears are tender.
*For a little extra indulgence, serve with Greek yoghurt or fresh cream!