This antipasto platter is a combination of Italian meats, cheeses, vegetables and breads, all arranged to create a fabulous appetiser display. The perfect showpiece for any gathering, or lunch and it takes just minutes to put together!
• 800 grams assorted cured meats such as salami, prosciutto & pepperoni
• 500 grams cheese sliced or cubed, such as provolone or asiago
• 1 cup small mozzarella balls, boconcini, plain or marinated in olive oil and herbs
• 1 cup olives
• 2 cups grilled and/or pickled vegetables such as pepperoncini, roasted red peppers, marinated artichokes, marinated beans
• 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
• 1 cup raw vegetables cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, cucumber
• 2-3 cups assorted breads focaccia, breadsticks, crostini
• fresh herbs for garnish
• sauces such as bruschetta or olive tapenade optional
1.Arrange all the ingredients on a large platter. If using the sauces, place them in small bowls. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Serve with bread or Grissini (Italian breadsticks)
2.If you want to make this dish ahead of time, assemble everything on the platter except the bread products and fresh herbs. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Remove from the refrigerator, uncover and add bread and herbs. Buon appetito!