A sure crowd pleaser, these simple-to-make meatballs are tender and full of flavour!
• 1 500 gr lean ground beef
• 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
• 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
• 3 Tbsp. ketchup
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 1 Tbsp. parsley minced (or about 1/2 Tbsp. dried)
1. Preheat oven to 200ºc. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mix together onion, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in ground beef and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
(Garnish with some basil leaves and serve with sauce of your choice.)