Fresh Blueberry Scones
These mouth-watering scones are bursting with juicy blueberries and are the perfect accompaniment to a warm cup of your favourite hot beverage!
• 250g strong (baker’s) plain flour
• 2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 50g unsalted butter, chilled, diced, plus extra to serve
• 50g caster sugar
• 1 punnet (125g) Fresh Blueberries
• 175ml buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Dust a large baking tray with flour
2. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of salt into a large bowl and mix well. Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the sugar, blueberries and buttermilk, and mix to form a dough.
3. Dust your hands with flour and form the dough into a 20cm round. Mark 8 wedges in the dough with a knife.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool, break (or cut) the scones into 8.
They taste amazing as they are, or for some extra indulgence, split in half and spread with butter and a dollop of cream!