Lunch box Treat: Mince Meat & Cabbage Stuffed Rolls
Sometimes it’s the simplest of ingredients that make for the best recipes. This handy little meat & cabbage pocket calls for simple pantry staples and are a great lunchbox treat!
• 2 cups warm water
• 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
• ½ cup white sugar
• ¼ cup margarine, softened
• 1 egg
• 2 teaspoons salt ( For the dough)
• 7 cups all-purpose flour
• 500gr lean ground beef
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 6 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 teaspoon salt ( For the Filling)
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ cup melted butter
1. Prepare dough: In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Mix in sugar, margarine, egg, salt and 1/2 of the flour. Beat until smooth; add remaining flour until dough pulls together. Place in oiled bowl. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, OR let it rise for 1 hour.
2. In a large heavy skillet, brown meat. Add onion, cabbage, salt and simmer 30 minutes. Cool until lukewarm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Coat a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
3. Punch down dough and divide into 20 pieces. Spread each piece of dough out on an un-floured surface and fill with approximately 2 tablespoons filling. fold dough over and seal edges. Place on prepared cookie sheet and let rise for 1 hour
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with the extra butter and serve warm…or cold, they taste amazing either way!