Steamed Mussels in White Wine and Garlic sauce
A bowl of fresh steamed Mussels is so striking with their bluish colour shells and orange meat, it’s a wonder that something so elegant can come together in just fifteen minutes!
• 2 tbsp butter
• 3 shallots peeled and minced
• 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
• 1 tbsp dried chilies
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups white wine
• 2 pounds mussels ,rinsed and cleaned
• 3 tbsp fresh parsley minced
• 1 lemon
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the minced shallots, garlic, dried chilies and salt. Stir often and cook until the shallots are tender, about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the white wine and increase the heat to high. Once the wine is at a boil, add the mussels. Stir so the mussels are coated in the wine mixture.
3. Cover with a lid and steam for about 5-7 minutes, or until all the mussels have opened.
4. Sprinkle the minced parsley on top and squeeze the juice of a lemon all over the mussels. Stir again.
Serve warm with toasted crusty bread