Slow Cooker Beef Stew
This comforting Slow Cooker Beef Stew is perfect for cold winter days. It fills you up and gives you that warm, cosy feeling. Best of all, with a little effort in the morning, this slow cooker meal greets you at the end of the day with a ready-to-eat feast and a smell to soothe the soul!
• Chuck roast
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Fresh vegetables including yellow onion, celery, garlic, yellow potatoesand carrots
• Tomato paste
• Low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
• Worcestershire sauce
• Low-sodium soy sauce
• Fresh thyme and rosemary
• Frozen peas
• Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
• Toasted Ciabatta bread, to serve
1. Dry season beef with salt and pepper then brown beef in a skillet with olive oil. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Saute onions and celery, followed by garlic then tomato paste.
3. Pour in 1 cup of beef broth (to deglaze the pan) along with Worcestershire, soy sauce, thyme and rosemary.
4. Add potatoes and carrots to slow cooker then pour in beef broth mixture. Pour in remaining broth, season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook on low heat 7 – 8 hours.
6. Whisk cornstarch with water, stir into stew and cook on high heat an additional 20 minutes to help thicken slightly. Stir in peas and half of the parsley.
7. Serve warm garnished with remaining parsley, topped with grated Parmesan cheese (if desired) and toasted bread