Creamy Rice Pudding
This Rice Pudding is so creamy with the perfect texture and sweetness. It requires only a handful of ingredients and a little patience to make this old time favourite dessert
• 1 cup short grain white rice
• 1⁄4 cup sugar
• 3 cups milk
• 1 cup cream
• 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
• 2 inches piece vanilla beans, split open (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
• Cinnamon Powder, to serve
• Fruit Compote, to serve
1. Mix the rice, sugar and salt in a large saucepan.
2. Stir in the milk and cream, and add the whole piece of vanilla bean. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
3. Reduce heat and simmer the rice for 30 minutes, or until soft and milk/cream mixture becomes thick. Stir often. If you want the pudding to have a creamier consistency, you can add a little bit more milk.
4. Scratch out vanilla seeds and stir into pudding. Discard vanilla bean pod.
5. Serve warm with cinnamon and sugar or fruit compote, or both. Can be stored in the fridge and tastes delicious cold too!