Succulent Chicken Mignons
These flavoursome chicken thigh fillets are wrapped in smokey bacon and filled with vegetables and garlic butter… A mouth-watering dish that is sure to impress!
• 6 chicken thigh fillets
• 6 long rashers of smokey bacon rashers
• 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
• ¼ of a capsicum
• ¼ on an onion
• 125g butter – chopped
• 2 teaspoons of mustard
• 3 cups of chicken stock (I use a gluten free one)
• Kitchen mallet
1. Lay one of the chicken thigh fillets between two sheets of baking paper and using a kitchen mallet, pound the chicken to make it thinner. Make sure you only use the smooth side of the mallet otherwise you will make a mess of the paper and chicken.
2. On the inside of the flatten chicken thigh, lay down some slices of onion, capsicum, garlic and a slice of butter. You can add some mustard to give it a little more flavour, if you like.
3. Roll up the chicken thigh and place it onto of a long piece of bacon rasher, and fasten it together with two tooth picks. Make sure you leave enough of the toothpick out, so that people can see them and can take them out before eating them.
4. In an oven baking dish, lay down some baking paper (makes it so much easier to clean the baking dish later) and place in the chicken.
5. Place a knob of butter on top of each one
6.Fill the dish with chicken stock, up to half way up the chicken. This way when the chicken cooks, it is cooking in chicken stock, which makes the chicken very moist and succulent.
7. Bake in a pre-heated moderate oven, 180ºC or 350F for approximately 35-40 minutes. This will depend on how thick your chicken mignon are and how many are in the baking dish. They are ready when the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy and golden brown!