Flavoursome French Omelette
Made in 15 minutes, this classic French Omelette can be enjoyed anytime of the day and is very simple to make.
A true French Omelette is just eggs and butter, no filling, but we have added a few more simple ingredients to give it that extra oomph!
This recipe makes 4 omelettes.
• 2 tbs chopped fresh tarragon (plus extra leaves to garnish)
• ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (plus extra to garnish)
• 4 medium eggs
• 2 tablespoons of shaved Parmesan cheese
• 2 knobs of unsalted butter
• 8 slices of leg ham
1. Get everything ready. Warm a 20cm (measured across the top) non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
2. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in parmesan, parsley and chopped tarragon. Season with salt and pepper
3. With the heat on medium-hot, drop one knob of butter into the pan. It should bubble and sizzle, but not brown. Add one-quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 10 seconds. Using a spatula, draw edges of omelette into centre, allowing uncooked mixture to run underneath. Repeat until egg mixture is nearly set.
4. Place ham in centre of omelette. Fold 1 side of omelette into centre, then fold opposite side over the top. Voila! Your Omelette is ready! Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more omelettes. Sprinkle with the extra tarragon and parsley and serve with a fresh saladBon appétit!