Vegetarian Pastry Rolls
A flavoursome pastry treat that is very easy to make. A perfect little appetiser, lunchbox snack or party food!
• 320 gr ready rolled puff pastry sheet
• 200 gr mature cheddar cheese, grated
• 1 large onion grated
• 200 gr fresh breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsps crème fraîche
• 2 tsps dried mixed herbs
• 2 tsps mustard powder
• 2 tsps paprika
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lightly beaten free range egg to glaze
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F
2. Lightly grease two baking trays
3. Place all the filling ingredients into a bowl and combine well
4. Cut the pastry sheet into three equal sized strips
5. Squeeze generous handfuls of veggie mixture into shape and lie down the middle of your pastry strips
6. Brush one side of each pastry strip with beaten egg and fold the other side over the top of the filling to join it making sure you tuck it in well so you don’t have space around your mixture.
7. Turn your rolls over so they are seam side down
8.Cut to size for mini rolls as shown in the image or larger if your prefer.
9. Snip the pastry top of each roll with a pair of scissors two or three times, brush with beaten egg and place on greased baking sheets
10. Bake on the top shelf of your hot oven for 20 – 25 minutes until browned and crispy
11. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Rock n’ Roll! Your veggie rolls are now ready to enjoy! Serve with tomato sauce of course!