Lunch Box Treat: Banana Bread
No need to add extra sugar here, this delicious, moist banana bread is naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and sultanas!
• 125g Self-Raising White or Wholemeal Flour
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Nutmeg
• 1 tsp Ginger
• 100g Sultanas
• 50g Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
• 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
• 1 Egg, whisked
• 3 RIPE Bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (160 degrees for a fan oven.
2. Mix together the egg, bananas, melted butter or coconut oil and vanilla essence
3. Add the sultanas and spices, flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
4. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
5. Scrape in the cake mix and optionally decorate with slices of banana then bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Tip: Serve with butter, toasted or as is!