Valentines Day Meal Idea Succulent Lamb Cutlets
Impress your special someone (or yourself!) this Valentines Day with these tender, juicy Lamb Cutlets.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 2 tsp dried oregano or 1/2 cup chopped fresh Oregano
• 4 cloves garlic minced
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 punnet strawberries
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 8 lamb chops
• 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
1. Using paper towels, pat dry chops and discard any shards or bone fragments.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a small jug or bowl.
3. Arrange lamb chops in a large baking dish or on a large plate, and pour the marinade all over the lamb, rubbing it into the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for half an hour, or for a deeper flavour, marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning the chops from time to time (before cooking, let lamb chops sit at room temp 30 minutes).
4. Heat oil in a pan (cast iron preferably or grill plates) over high heat until just starting to smoke. Fry or grill lamb in 2 batches for 3-4 minutes each side, depending on thickness until done to your liking. (Usually, at 3 minutes per side they are medium, and at 4 minutes they are medium-well)
5. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.