Party Sausage Rolls
Makes approx. 18
400gr Beef Mince
500gr Sausage Mince
1 carrot, peeled & grated
2 Cups Fresh Breadcrumbs
⅓ Cup (80ML) Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
500g or 3 Ready-Rolled Sheets Puff Pastry
2 Egg Yolks, Lightly Beaten
Sesame Seeds to Sprinkle
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Combine the mince, eggs, breadcrumbs,carrot, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
3. Roll out the pastry to 3 mm (1/8 in) thick and cut into 12cm (5 in) x 24 cm (10 in) pieces or cut each ready-rolled pastry sheet in half. Divide the sausage mixture into six equal portions, roll into sausage shapes and place down the centre of each piece of pastry.
4. Roll to enclose, placing the pastry seam underneath.
5. Cut the sausage rolls into thirds and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
6. Brush with the egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked through and golden!